Visitors Center

Search This Blog

Friday, May 21, 2010

The Hillel House

Good news! I heard back from the Hillel House regarding a tour of their facility! We have a tour scheduled for Tuesday, May 25 @ 10:00. I'm going to use this post to share the information I already know about the Hillel House and Jewish life on campus so I can add to my current knowledge through the tour.

First, while serving as a location for hosted events and religious services it is also a residential option for students. Students can reside on the second floor of the facility. Students can live in the Hillel House for an entire semester during the academic year, and for a window of time during the summer months.

Also, did you know that there's a Kosher Kitchen in the Hillel House? It serves dinners Friday nights and Shabbat lunches. Connected to this option, there is a Kosher meal plan through Franklin Dining Commons.

I'm aware of study abroad offerings through the UMass Hillel, but I don't know much about the logistics.

My goal for this tour is to learn more about the residential option, services that are provided through the Hillel, and study abroad options. Be on the lookout for updated info after our tour on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment